Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vitalic!

The first time I listened to Vitalic I was amazed by his music's strenght and beauty. It was the perfect combination of anger, passion and elegance. His song was in Sven Vath's In the Mix- The Sound of the Second Season, and the song was La Rock 01, which I heard live once again on Friday at Webster Hall, and I have to tell you, it gets better with time.


It was Juanes' b-day on Friday and, lucky him, Vitalic played that same night. It was $1 before midnight and we got there early, so we did not have to suffer those long lines. We spent the first part of the night in The Studio where The John's were playing. Then we moved to the 3rd floor where the poor local DJs were trying to "open" for Vitalic. Poor guys! They did not know what they were doing! It was off-tone heavy non-sense techno, perfect for the college crowd present. Sigh! I am getting old!



When Vitalic took control of the knobs, it was a 180˚ change! He made our heads burst into light! His drums and baseline, as always, somber, but vibrant made us dance at the rhythm of his savage programmed beats, and the operatic voices and melodies combined with acid techno and electro were guilty of creating bliss in the dancefloor. The place was falling apart! Juliet India, Repair Machines, My Friend Dario, and finally La Rock 01! Well, just judge by yourselves.




It was a night to remember, he was, as always, magnificent and showed no compassion for the people in the dance-floor, he hit us with all he got, and that's how I like it! I just hope I do not have to wait another 3 years to see him playing again.

2 comments: